Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gerbera Daisies

Good Morning All - I tried posting this last night, but blogger decided it didn't want to play!!

For the past couple of years I have watched the wonderful design team at Flourishes make some amazing cards. I bought some of their stamps and they have been sitting in my basket for two years. I decided to pull out the Gerbera Daisies set and take part of their Timeless Tuesday Challenge #124. I had such a great time coloring these daisies - I can't believe that I let them gather dust.

I am also entering my card into the Our Creative Corner Your Style challenge. They want you to answer, "What is your style?" I thought about that and since I began posting cards two years ago I see my style has changed. My favorite images would be flowers because I love coloring them. I'm finding that I love to add bows (my sister tells me that not all cards need bows) but I think they are so fun to make. I think my style comes with my mood, but if I had to name one style it would be elegant.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my card.

Gerbera-Daisies

Theresa

Recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes (Gerbera Daisies)
Paper: Bazzill (cream puff); K&Company - The Best of Brenda Walton
Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo; PrismaColor Colored Pencils
Accessories: Lace ribbon (JoAnns), silk ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon); button (Stampin' Up); sewing machine; Cricut (Tags, Bags, Boxes, & More and Lacy Labels)

17 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Wowzer!!! That is just gorgeous. Love your choice of colors and your ribbon bow is fantastic. What a beauty. Pat

Cindy Haffner said...

Just STUNNING Theresa!!~

Kathy said...

Theresa, this is GORGEOUS! I love how you've colored the daisies. Love the bow. too. Just a lovely card!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow this is a beauty! Great job on the flowers and the fab bow with the corduroy brad!!!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful job coloring these Daisies. I actually just got this set and haven't inked it up yet. I think all cards need bows, it makes them look pretty. :)

Thanks for playing FTTC.

Melissa Craig said...

OMG THERESA!!! This card is freakin AWESOME!!!! love gerbera daisies and you colored them perfectly. The bow is wonderful with the corderoy brad. Absolute PERFECTION!!!!!

downrightcrafty said...

wow love that lace, the ribbon is gorgeous and fabulous sunflowers just a beautiful card. Thank you for the lovely comment and please feel free to use the sketch and any inspiration from my work as you need and hope to see your lovely work with us at OVA
Hugs Kate xx

Unknown said...

Stunning card Theresa! Love how you colored those daisies!
BTW...I've had a lot going on and didn't get you package ready until today. The mail has already run and Monday is a holiday. So sorry about not getting it to you sooner. I did put a little extra something in there for you!

Hugs,
True :D

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design, Theresa! Those daisies look fabulous! Love having you join us for Timeless Tuesday, and hope to see you again!

Carisa said...

It was so great meeting you last night!!! I love your blog and think your coloring of flowers is stunning. Thank you for your sweet comments last night and on my blog - We will have to get together again sometime! Have Fun Coloring!!! :D

ChristineCreations said...

I don't know what my favourite style of card would be either, but I'd have to agree, flowers are my FAV things to color. You did a beautiful job with these daisies Theresa. I'm so glad you pulled out your FLLC stamps! They are such beauties!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey sweet friend! I'm so thrilled that you played along and I was so excited to see your fabulous card! You totally rocked the sketch and the gerbera daisies look perfect!

Hope you are havign a wonderful
4th of July? Hope to see you play soon again :) HUGS ~S~

Anne said...

Ooh these gerberas are lovely! What a gorgeous summer card
Anne
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Elegant is right Theresa, this is so very beautiful and just lurve that bow :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous Theresa! I love the way the gerberas are bursting out of the circle background.

Jessi Fogan said...

My sis tells me I'm loving bling too much - good thing addiction to an embellishment or two doesn't hurt anyone, right? lol
That ribbon is gorgeous - you captured the shine & iridescence so well in your photo. Love that lace trim peeking out, and the way the daisies are jumping off the card. {happy sigh!}

Kristin said...

First, your card is gorgeous! The flowers are perfection! Second, bows are the perfect addition - don't be swayed... Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC! Good luck with the DT call!