Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Celebration Day

It's a BIG CELEBRATION day!!
Birthday Card for Helen

Celebration One

Today is my lovely neighbor Helen's 93rd Birthday - 93!! She still lives independently and up on the third floor. She exercises everyday - she walks up and down the stairs, she cleans the building, and she delivers the mail that doesn't fit in our skinny mail boxes. I live in a small apartment building that was built in the late 40s early 50s and she has been a resident for nearly 35 years. She is an absolute dear. I just had to make a card to celebrate her life.

Celebration Two

It's two years since I began my blog and posted my first card so I though it befitting to post today's card with the same stamp set I posted two years ago. I have certainly seen progression in my craft over the past two years. I want to say thank you to all the followers that I have and all the wonderful comments that I have received. In the past two months I have gained 5 new followers and I want to say thank you and welcome! I hope that you'll enjoy my creations as I plan on finding the balance that I need when I go back to work and start the new school year and continue to get to the gym! I have had such a wonderful time over this summer break being able to be creative. I don't want to give that up when I return to work.

Celebration Three

Although this is a celebration, I am sad too! The card I made today is the first set that I bought from There She Goes Clear Stamps - Cupcake Mix & Match. I bought it on May 25, 2009 - two years ago! Now I proudly own 58 of Jessica's sets with 5 more on their way! Can you tell I'm totally hooked? I think it's an awesome coincidence that the first stamp set I purchased is in the same month that I was asked to be Guest Trendsetter. I can't tell you how elated I was to do this. My term was for May and June and June ends in 2 days. So my time as Guest Trendie is over, but my love and use of TSG stamps is far from over. I want to thank Jessica, TSG owner for the most wonderful opportunity ever. I also want to say a big thank you to Holly, Sr. Trendsetter for believing in me and being the best person I have ever had the pleasure of having as a friend.

I am also posting this card onto Mojo Monday week 197 as this is where I got the inspiration for the layout.

Thank you for celebrating with me and I look forward to another year.

Theresa

Recipe:
Stamps: There She Goes (Cupcake Mix & Match); Close to My Heart (Card Chatter-Birthday)
Paper: Bazzill (avalanche); KI Memories - Enchanting Paper Pad; Recollections - Bright and Basics
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cricut (Cricut Lite - Lacy Labels); pearls & white ribbon (stash)

10 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

wow a big day for celebrations for you and love the special frosting on this pretty cupcake, so perfectly framed with those yummy scrolls
Hugs Kate xx

Holly aka Toy said...

What an adorable card! Your neighbor sounds like my granny (who will be 95 in October)... still as feisty as ever! She was doing cartwheels at my wedding at 66 years old! It's been such a pleasure to work with you and you make me smile with your enthusiasm. I will always be your biggest cheerleader, my friend. I am just so proud of how much faith you have in yourself now! You rock!

Melanie said...

Looks great!! love the flourish and the gems.

Jessi Fogan said...

Balance is such a challenge - but we'll follow along with you as you figure it all out. If only we didn't have work to get in the way, right? lol
Congrats on your blogoversary, and on your Trendie status - hard not to be sad it's over, but wasn't it awesome?
I love the card - that frosting is drool-worthy :)

Angela said...

Beautiful card! That glittery cupcake looks good enough to eat and I love that flourish with pearls!

Helen sounds amazing; I hope I am so fortunate at her age!

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute...LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the sparkly frosting!!!

Kathy said...

Theresa, this is so pretty, love the glittery frosting. Such a beautiful card to go to your neighbor for her birthday. I've enjoyed seeing your TSG cards over the past two months, they were sure lucky to have you on the team!

Mynn xx said...

That cupcake looks good enough to eat! How pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a pretty card, love the colours, your neighbour will love it I'm sure

Anonymous said...

Balance is such a challenge,but we'll
follow along with you as your figure it all out......The glittery cupcake looks good enough to eat and i like that flourish with pearls ....
plastic id cards online
plastic key tags