Sunday, June 12, 2011

TSG111 - Monday Challenge

I am so excited about today's post. It's challenge Monday over at There She Goes and this week's challenge is a fun sketch brought to you by none other than ME!!

When I sat down and put together this sketch I had no idea that it was going to stump me! I thought making a triangle - no problem. I think I ended up waisting so much paper trying to get it right. Then I came up with the brilliant idea to use my Cricut to cut the triangles. It worked!! Then I went through all of my TSG stamps and I wanted to use all of them. I couldn't decide. The one thing I had made a decision on was the paper - that was easy. I stamped about 10 images and finally decided on this darling little girl from the Blossom by Blossom set - which is just the most amazing set. I just love it!!

After I completed coloring the image...I wasn't all that satisfied. It was just naked! Although I love how I colored her, it just needed something else. I decided to give a go and add clouds. I was so afraid that if it went wrong I'd have to start all over. I'm glad that wasn't the case - I just love how it came out. Then looking at the bottom of the design area it was empty too. The image has grass, but I cut it all off. So I used one of the grass images and added it back in. I am so very pleased with this card. I hope you'll join in the fun and use my sketch to make your next masterpiece.

TSG111-Card

To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card using the sketch, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (June 20). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the look out to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG111 so we can check out your beautiful work!

Need some inspiration to help you get started? Check out these great cards made by the following Trendsetters!
~ Jessie
~ Iwona
~ Jessica
~ Tobi
~ Christine
~ Holly
 
Theresa
 
Recipe:

Stamps: Blossom by BlossomPapers: Stampin' Up (Elegant Soiree, Whisper White Cardstock); Bazzill Basics (Avalanche & don't know the name of the blue)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; PrimsaColor Colored Pencils
Accessories: Ribbon (from scraps); The Paper Studio (blue gemstones); Martha Stewart (punch)

7 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

Very pretty Theresa! I love the cool look of the clouds behind the little girl and birds. Great sketch!
~Meredith

Holly aka Toy said...

Oh my squee! Is that ever darling!! You totally stepped up, my friend! *LOVE*

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, my sweet friend this is just GORGEOUS!!! Love the Sketch, the colors and the super sweet image!

Congrats on being the Guest Designer...you deserve every bit of it!!! BIG HUGS ~S~

Melissa Craig said...

Theresa - you really out did yourself on this fabulous card. Every part of it is absolutely perfect! The clouds are phenominal!

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh my absolutely fabulous Theresa!! I love your clouds with this adorable image.

Lee said...

Absolutely so sweet and beautiful...I love the sketch!!!

ChristineCreations said...

So sweet and fresh Theresa...the colors are perfect, the clouds are a wonderful addition. Lovely card!