Friday, June 10, 2011

TSG } Stampbook Saturday

Hello Bloggers ~ Today begins my exciting week of hosting the There She Goes Clear Stamps blog and I can’t tell you enough how honored I am to have this fantastic opportunity. I have some wonderful designs to share with you, so be sure to check back all week.

With the latest release, Jessica introduced us to a new set titled Forever and it’s an amazing mini-set. Jessica posted this awesome card and I couldn’t take my eyes off of it. It’s this card that I took my inspiration and did my best to CASE.

Isn't her card just scrumptious?

Well I set my eyes on making a scrapbook page using this set and her design. Since I don't have a lot of photos I had to really put my thinking cap on. When I began making scrapbook pages several years ago I made this page that now I look and say, "Yikes, what was I thinking!" It was perfect. I took the photo out and began the process. I love how this came out.


The two little ones in the photo are my sister, Karin and I. This happens to be one of my favorite photos of the two of us (she’s the one squatting). Sorry it’s not in color, it was taken in the 60s afterall!! Karin tells me that when I was born she instantly fell in love with me and that I was her baby. I am completely in awe of how this scrapbook page came out that I plan on having it framed. Karin’s 50th birthday is this year and what a great present this will make!

Thank you Jessica for the beautiful inspiration and stamp sets too!!

Thanks for stopping by. Have an awesome day!

Theresa

Recipe:
Stamps: Forever
Papers: Me & My Big Ideas (Baby Girl); DCWV (Old World Stack); K & Company (Best of Brenda Walton); The Girls Paperie (Shabby Flower); Bazzil Basics Paper (chocolate).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Prismacolor Colored Pencils, designer button (Close to My Heart), baker’s twine (My Mind’s Eye), Lettering font (Cricut-Plantin Schoolbook)
Sketch: Magic (Close to My Heart)

6 comments:

Holly aka Toy said...

Remember... you MUST frame this beauty! :) You rocked it, sistah!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is really gorgeous!! I love both the card and layout, but what a gorgeous page with that photo!! so darling!! Holly is right!! Smiles

Dawn B. said...

This is so precious. What a sweet picture. I LOVE your layout. When my sister (ten years younger) was born I was the same way. I changed every diaper even.. Hope you are enjoying summer. This is talent I don't have. Great page.

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, this is the cutest photo and scrap-page I have seen in a while!!! LOVE IT!!! Perfect take on the colors and card! Hugs ~S~

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness Theresa, this is freakin' awesome!! I love how your page turned out. That picture is so sweet. What happened to those precious babies?! LOL

Melissa Craig said...

Hey! Is that in front of Grandma's house?