Friday, June 24, 2011

"Less is More" Monogram

Hello Bloggers -
Today I decided to try something a little different - CAS! A friend told me about a site called The Daily Dare - it lists a lot of challenge sites. I looked at one called "Less is More." Their challenge this week is to make a monogram. I thought about it all week.

CAS-Monogram

I hope my card qualifies!! I wanted to make my card for different purposes. I used the letter "T" for my name: Theresa, my job: Teacher, and a sentiment: Thanks! There was no way I was going to make this card without pink it in, so I hope that it's okay that I have one layer. I have been a long-time follower of Chupa (Random Acts of Creativity) and she is now doing a series of CAS cards called CAS-ify Me and I long to make cards like her and I noticed she has some with layers.

I do like my card...it'll be a fast card to make and give to my student's parents when I want to send special notes home or a thank you note.

Thanks for stopping by.
Theresa

Recipe:
Stamps: Close To My Heart (Solos "T"; Dreams Come True)

Ink: Close To My Heart (Olive and Desert Sand)
Paper: Bazzill and SU
Accessories: Close To My Heart (Opaques - Mocha)

15 comments:

Mandi said...

Striking card, super swirl

Im intrigued how you added this after the Inlinkz had closed?

Glad to see you, thank you
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Kathyk said...

Lovely card

Kathyk

TAM said...

Liking this one very much

fatmonica said...

It's lovely.I love the green and little flowers!

Susan said...

Theresa, this card is beautiful!! LOVE the flowers...and I do love pink...so it's perfect to me!!
My Card

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Love your choice of swirl stamp and colours. Fab card. Love Sheila x

Suzi B said...

A lovely card... I like the pink!
Sue :)

Jill said...

This is just beautiful, Theresa!

Thank you for your kind comments on my own blog.

Jill x

~Tammy~ said...

What a beauty!

Melissa Craig said...

I think it totally qualifies as a CAS card and it's just fabulous. The small touches of pink is perfect and I like that T can mean something to everyone.

Heather Landry said...

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you very much for visiting my blog on the Jessica Sprague blog hop. You're welcome back any time! I have lots of free digital template freebies and I love making new friends. Thanks again, Heather

P.S. Your card is absolutely lovely. I think having one layer is a great example of keeping it simple. Very pretty!

Chrissie said...

I don't know how I missed this card last week... I checked at 10pm when the collection closes and at that time I had commented on all that were there!
How strange!
It's a lovely card, thank you so much!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! CAS is so hard for me, but I admire it all to pieces. The pearl centres for the flowers are gorgeous, and I love all the meanings you can ascribe to your "T."

Vicky Hayes said...

I missed card last week too but I had to say I absolutely adore it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How did I miss this, it's lovely, love the bling too :)