Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Thank You

Good Afternoon Everyone - I am hooked to the Less in More challenge blog. I have gone back and read some of their challenges and plan to play this week and hopefully more in the future. This week they offered a sketch and I hope that I kept it in the CAS category. I have also decided to enter my into the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. Their challenge is to emboss. Just know I will usually never enter a card into more than two challenges at once - where's the fun in making one card for 10+ challenges??

Today I wanted to make a thank you card for a friend. She invited me to her home for dinner (which was fabulous) and a movie. My friend, Maritza speaks Spanish, I only know enough to make a fool of myself. She would forget that I don't speak Spanish and she'd go on with this long sentence and I'd look at her with a blank look. She'd laugh and realize that she wasn't speaking in English. I was thrilled to see that one of my new stamping sets had Thank You in Spanish!! I just had to use it.

Gracias!

I have been wanting to try this technique that I saw on Jeanette Lynton's blog (owner of Close to My Heart). When I arrived at Maritza's home it reminded me of the home I grew up in. There was a rod iron railing with the paint chipping off and rust coming through and I wanted to capture that look. This technique I think does this. I stamped the image then I used my Versamark pad and a dauber to put spots onto stamp and then I restamped the image, covered it with white embossing powder. I do like the effect if gave. I haven't embossed in years, so I am a bit "rusty" at it. I like how it came out.
Theresa

Recipe:
Stamps: Close to My Heart (Friendship and Thank You)
Ink: Close to My Heart (barn red); Ranger Embossing Powder (seafoam white)
Paper: Bazzill (avalanche); Close to My Heart (barn red); Canvass Corp (chocolate & ivory French Script)
Accessories: Stampin' Up (dimensionals)

39 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Theresa, pleased to meet a cancer survior, congratulations your are right, the live is just too short.
Fantastic card Theresa, so elegant and your technique is a great idea, i will try(my english is very bad).
beautiful stamps.
I hope you learn spanish:D
A big hug from Palma de Mallorca Spain.Hasta pronto

Debs M said...

great effect, lovely card x

Mandi said...

I think you certainly have recreated the look theresa
Super card, good to see you
Thank you very much
Diva LIM
Less is More

Caroljenks said...

This is just gorgeous! The effect you have achieved with your embossing is stunning - a perfect look for what you were wanting to achieve - well done :) A great take on the LiM sketch too :)

Carol x

Chrissie said...

Well Hi!
This is a superb card... I love the effect you have achieved with these stamps, just wonderful.
DO join us again next time and if you have time to visit other entrants to our challenges that would be great!
Thank you so much!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

TAM said...

Fabulous card - love the effect you've achieved

Kathyk said...

SUPER duper card - fab!

Kathyk

Fiona said...

What a fab effect, never seen that before.

Netty said...

Fabulous shabby chic card, love it.

Bea said...

beautiful card - love the soft colour scheme

Dana said...

A beautiful and elegant card! I just started the LIM challenges about a month ago and I'm hooked too!

Carol said...

This is gorgeous, love the embossing effect and your colours. Carol x

GinaA said...

What a beautiful card, love the 'rusty railing' effect, the colourway is perfect. Must have a go at doing this, thanks for the inspiration

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Embossing" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

cheryl said...

oh love what you have done here hun that is one,great effect just love it bless you for popping over to my blog,really appreciate that hugs cheryl xxx

Margaret said...

I just love your colour combination and the effect of the rusty railings.
hugs
Margaret M

Deborah Frings said...

Such an elegant looking card - I do like that effect - will have to give it a try!

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful card,so elegant,and I love the effect you've achieved with your stamping!

cardsandacuppa said...

I love how it turned out too! it is perfect for what you were aiming for, :-)
Hugs xx

Annes Art said...

Fabulous card !!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great technique Theresa! I love all the texture on your card. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. If everyone had to educate their own children they would soon begin to appreciate our wonderful teachers!

Dori Shelton said...

What a simply rich and beautiful card. Fantastic technique. Thanks for sharing!

Joan said...

lovely embossing, a great technique
on a lovely card

G Peplow said...

Hi there, gorgeous card, love the rusty metal technique works brilliantly here, Gay xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card, love the "rust" effect :)

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and great embossing, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. I have candy if you are interested
Hugs Kate xx

Erica said...

Oh My Goodness, she will just love this card. It is so pretty and so thoughtful of you. Isn't LIM fun. It is my go-to-challenge every week. I too don't quite get it when stampers want to "cover" so many challenges in one creaton. I don't know how they keep up.
Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my card. I'll be back to visit you.
Erica

downrightcrafty said...

Hi hun, thank you so much for your lovely comment and I look forward to you visiting and seeing what you create in the future - your new follower 54
Hugs Kate
xx

Elin Larsson said...

What a lovely card! i LOVE it! :)

joanne wardle said...

I LOVE that effect, thanks for explaining it. fab card

Suze Bain said...

What a great technique, something new to try! Love your colour scheme and thanks so much for visiting me. Adios! (Lol!) xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Great card!

Ali x

Janet said...

Great card, love the way you have rotated the sketch

http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-christmas-card.html

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, love the effect!
Helen x

ChristineCreations said...

The effect is beautiful Theresa...a classy elegant yet homey card.

Aileen said...

Beautiful card. Love the effect you've achieved. x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card, love the effect you've got with the embossing :o) Lisa x

Linby said...

very elegant and stylish.
Linbyx

Susan said...

What a beautiful card!