Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dollar Friday Find

Hi everyone. I have had one amazing week being Guest Trendsetter of the week. I don’t want it to end. When I went looking for a dollar find I was walking the aisles of Michael’s. I went up and down and then I turned the corner and saw the most perfect item. Now when I picked them up it was $1.99. Well that eliminated that idea. Then I went over to the $1.00 bin and I was moving things all around and sure enough there was my perfect item…it was in the defective bin. With my coupon I got it for $0.75.

How perfect is this…ice cream cups with lids and the wooden spoons. This is the perfect fit for Freeze the Moment. The second I saw those cups I knew this was the perfect project. The package came with 6 cups, lids, and 5 spoons (that was why it was cheap!). I took apart one cup to make a template on the DP.

This is what the original cup looked like:


Here is how I transformed the item using Freeze the Moment:


Don’t you think this would be the perfect set-up for your little one’s party.

Theresa





Recipe:
Stamps: Freeze the Moment
Paper: KI Memories (Enchanting paper pad)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; PrismaColor Colored Pencils
Accessories: baker’s twine (My Mind’s Eye)

6 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

OK, that's just too adorable! I can't imagine letting my slobby monsters eat from it :) Maybe you could even use them as little candy gift containers?
And darn, ice cream again...it's everywhere right now! lol

Jessi Fogan said...

Urgh, I can't figure out how to reply to a comment on my blog or where to email you - but wanted to let you know that if you'd like I'll send you some crocheted mats. They're super-quick to do :) My email's onecraftymama at hotmail dot com, so you can send me your address.
Jessi

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!!!! What a great idea!!! tfs!!!

Melissa Craig said...

This is so darn cute Theresa! This is a fabulous idea for candy or even for embellishments - what a great way to give a gift. Love it!!!

BTW, its aisles, not isles. Isles is for island - Ms. Winslow. Heehee

Jackie Randolph said...

Fantastic project Theresa, I am going to have to go cut out my local store. Defintely makes an adorable little gift holder!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is lovely and just perfect for a little one's party