Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sew Thankful

I am so happy that I finally feel nearly 100% better. Even the cough has finally settled down. I can finally enjoy my vacation time - even though I am subbing all week for summer school. It's fun because it's just a few hours and I get my kid fix for the day.

For today, I have so desperately wanted to use the newly released set Cute As A Button from There She Goes. I was sick during the release and just had to give in to sleep. I set my stamp set aside. I was so happy to pull it out and get in all inky. I was so excited when I saw this set. I just love the wire mannequin. It reminds me of the one my mother had when I was growing up - although hers was not wire.

Sew-Thankful---Theresa-Wins

I decided to play along with The Ribbon Carousel RCC57 - Get Sketchy challenge. I have never played in any of their challenges. I have a ton of amazing ribbon from The Ribbon Carousel and I just bought some fabulous paper packs from Corinna as well. I really like the sketch I think it really fit this image quite well. Their challenge says make sure it has ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace, thread...anything on a spool. I did just that!! 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have an incredibly awesome day!! 

Theresa

Recipe: 
Stamp: There She Goes (Cute As A Button)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Bazzill Basics (avalanche); Close To My Heart (black); Lost & Found (Union Square)
Accessories: Kaiser Scrapbook (pearls); Ribbon (stash); Baker's Twine (Ribbon Carousel)

12 comments:

Laurel said...

Such a lovely card!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the layered lace & ribbon, and that wire form is sweet :) Best part is that you feel better!

Katie Skiff said...

Beautiful card!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Love the image and sentiment. The layered lace and ribbon look gorgeous.

Glad you're feeling much better.
xx

~Tammy~ said...

Oh T, I love this!!!! You rocked that sketch, but I love your choices of well EVERYTHING! Let me just say I am drooling over that crochet trim! Do spill the beans on that find!

So glad to hear you are feeling better! Yay!

cheryl said...

oh just love this Hun,love those papers,and that is one,briliant layout hugs Cherylxxxxx

Angela said...

So pretty...love the sewing theme! Glad you are feeling better....

Shannon White said...

Such a Pretty Vintage card Miss Theresa! love the dress form and lovely lace too! So glad you are feeling better!

Hugs
Shannon

Cheryl said...

So sweet! I love the ink distressing and lace. Such a beautiful, vintage feel.

JenMarie said...

LOVE this! Fabulous image!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh wow! Theresa this is stunning. I love the vintage feel with the image and the lace. Beautiful ribbon treatment, too.

I played along with this challenge, too, my card will be up tomorrow. My card is icky compared to your stunner.

Mary J said...

Gorgeous! I love how you lightly inked the edges and the texture is such a great idea, Theresa!