Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday Morning Sketches #112

It's a busy Tuesday for me!! I'm not complaining...I am totally delighted to post all my creations.

For There She Goes Release Week - Click Here!
For Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge - Click Here!

Or feel free to stay awhile and have a look around.

This week at Tuesday Morning Sketches we have a fabulous sketch - I really like this sketch it's very versatile. Plus we have DRS Designs as this week's sponsor. They have so many wonderful stamps, especially their holiday line. I selected this fabulous scarecrow because it has been a total autumn week here in Colorado. What a great way to celebrate the changing of the seasons.

TMS-#116

I totally had a blast coloring in this image. Our school is doing the play The Wizard of Oz and the music room is right next door to my class room and so all of the songs are stuck in my head. This is the other reason I selected this image!! I love the scarecrow - I think he's my favorite character.

Hope you have enjoyed your time in my blog. I totally appreciate all your comments. Have an awesome day!! 


Theresa
Recipe:
Stamps: DRS Designs (Large Scarecrow)
Paper: Bazzill Basics (avalanche); Me & My Big Ideas (Forever Watercolor)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PrismaColor Colored Pencils
Accessories: ribbon, pearls, brads and Cricut Art Philosophy (Close to My Heart)

16 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

How cute is this guy with his button eyes??? Love him! And the sheer blue ribbon is an unexpected but totally awesome pop of colour. Love it!

Kathy said...

This is adorable Theresa, I love the scarecrow best too. Great take on the sketch.

Steph Herbert said...

Cute card!:)

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET Theresa, love that frame!!~

Jessica G. said...

Fun scarecrow image and beautiful DPs to coordinate with him!

How fun to stage an Oz production; I'm sure you'll have every lyric memorized by opening night!!

Marie said...

An utterly adorable portrayal of the sketch. The scarecrow is so cute. The DP are super. The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite movies.

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just gorgeous oh just love that scarcrow,and the DP's are,super,one super layout too hun love it hugs cherylxxx

Lisa Petrella said...

He is so adorable and totally festive!!! LOVE the little patch on his hat and the frame you placed him in!!! Awesome!!

xxxtglxxx said...

Thats so sweet that you can hear all the singing for the school play! :) awww.

Love your seasonal card, gorgeous colours and lovely image.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Cheryl said...

What a cute card! Love the colors and your coloring is superb. I also posted an autumn card this past Tuesday that had fall colors in it, but I felt compelled to have light blue in it so I added a blue ribbon and blue Liquid Pearls. Great minds, as they say.... :)

~Tammy~ said...

This is just darling! So perfect for fall!

Shirley said...

So cute and what a fun image too!

Dawn B. said...

I love scarecrows. I have some scarecrow stamps and you have inspired me to get them out and inky them up. This is a terrific card Theresa.

Kathy D. said...

This card just makes me smile. He is so cute and the orange just pops. Thanks for the inspiration

Melissa Craig said...

This is such a great card! I love the mat that you put the scarecrow on. I presume that's on that cartridge you like so much??

Nicely done, Theresa!!

Jackie Randolph said...

awwww, how cute is this card!! Just brings SMILES!!!