Tuesday, September 20, 2011

FTTC136 ~ All Dolled Up

This week's hostess at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday ~ FTTC136 is Betty Wright. If you have never seen her work you need to pop over and take a look - wow is she ever talented!! This week she is challenging us to pull out all the stops and get "All Dolled Up." We're playing dress up and going all girl with ribbons and bows, pearls and glitz, and anything else girly!

For those that really know me - I am not at all girly. I think I have two dresses in my closet!! But when it comes to my cards - I love all girly with pink being my go to color. When I thought about the set I wanted to use how could I pass on Make a Wish? It's everything girly...what girl (even Tom-boys) doesn't want to be a princess?

Dolled-Up


I just love this card. When I saw Betty make a card with these shoes - I immediately purchased this set. I had to have these slippers. Years ago I was given a small pair of ballet slippers and they sit on my dresser - these slippers look just like them. They are one of my most prized possessions. I just love how my "girly" card came out. It's so me and yet not me!!

Now it's time to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the design team ~ Cindy, Heather, Maki, Tammy, Silke, Beate and Betty.

Thanks for stopping by. Have an awesome day!!
Theresa
Recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes (Make a Wish)
Paper: Bazzill Basics (Avalanche); Me & My Big Ideas (Forever Watercolor)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: ribbon (stash); pearls (Close to My Heart); lace (JoAnn's); Art Philosophy Cricut (Close to My Heart)

32 comments:

Naomi said...

Theresa, this is SO pretty and feminine! I LOVE all of the pearls, the lace, and that GORGEOUS white bow!

Heather Rogers said...

Perfect Theresa! Love the pink and black paired with those darling slippers. :)
Hugs~

Theresa's Studio said...

Perfect card for this challenge...love the slippers and all the pink.

Jessi Fogan said...

Totally perfect! I love the sweet slippers, and every little detail you added just makes it even more princessy - the pearls, the lace, the PINK, the amazingly intricate die cut corners...it totally appeals to me, though I'm even less 'girly' than you - I have one dress in my closet, that I haven't worn since my friend's wedding in 2001. Ahem.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous! Love the sponging in the die cut. Soft pretty colors, greta bow, lovely lace. Totally girly, it's beautiful!

Amanda said...

Theresa, this is one amazing girly card!! I love your layout, colors you chose and coloring skills!! All together they make one Super Fabulous card! Your right, even the most CAS card makers would love this card :)

Leslie said...

Oh Theresa, this is gorgeous! LOVE those shoes! This is definitely girly-girl!

ChristineCreations said...

Fit for a princess Theresa! How fun that you have a pair of ballet slippers just like them! A gorgeous girly pretty card!

Dee said...

Beautiful card and very girly. Love the pink and the slippers and the frame behind them.

Beate said...

Theresa, your card looks AMAZING!
Hugs and smiles

Jan Garber said...

The pink and black is perfect for those slippers! Gorgeous!

Marlena M. said...

Theresa, this is lovely! Very girly and flourishy...love it. ;)

Unknown said...

What a sweet girly card!! I love the how you colored the slippers and the black decorative frame! Beautifully done!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Beautiful! Love that ribbon!

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Becky said...

Lovely card, beautiful lace and ribbon.

Debbie said...

Oh so pretty in pink!!!

Elizabeth said...

I also love this stamp and it reminds me of slippers I had when I was a little girl. Beautifully done, you did this fabulous stamp justice.

momof5sons said...

I love all of the feminine detail that you used to showcase this gorgeous image.

Unknown said...

Oooh your card is so soft and lovely, really beautiful!

Shannon White said...

So Pretty Pretty Miss Theresa! Love your coloring on this sweet image and how you framed it with the Lovely scroll work! So Pretty! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Anne said...

Cute.. love the lace and the silk bow.. what princess wouldn't like this card.. thanks for sharing..

xxxtglxxx said...

Love, love, love the colour combo on this. The black gives it such drama and elegance and the lace is beautiful! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Betty Wright said...

Theresa, this is just stunning! Wonderful coloring and the details are scrumptious! Lovely lovely card!

The Rubber Maid said...

Sweet card. Pat

Cheryl said...

Ha! I know what you mean about the girly thing. The only time I don't wear jeans is at a wedding or funeral! But I love pretty cards like this one. Your coloring on those slippers is perfect, and OMG that black scrolled frame is so fancy and feminine. LOVE IT! Have a fabulous day, "Doll!"

Rosemary said...

simply beautiful... love the slippers!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Beautiful card Theresa!! I can see why you are GDT on the Flourishes Team!!

Shirley said...

I love the card! I just bought that set! What you have done with it is wonderful!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Very pretty Theresa, love the pink and black. Very girly!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, I agree I love those slippers also.

stampqueen said...

Black and pink and lace and pearls - oh my!!! What a great card!!! Gottcha beat - I have not even one dress in my closet and haven't had for years, and won't if I have any choice :)

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

This is so beautiful...love the punched hearts in the corner and the amazing sentiment.