Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday Morning Sketches #111

Today at Tuesday Morning Sketches we have a great sketch from DT member Kathy Curry and it's a great sketch! We also have Whimsie Doodles as our sponsor. I love Melyssa Connolly's work. Most of you may know that she also draws for TSG. So I'm totally excited to work with some of her digital images.

This week is a judged challenge - you need to decorate your card inside and out. As I am writing this post I just realized that I did not decorate the inside of my card. My apologies. 

For my card this week I selected a new digi from the Whimsie shop called Steampunk Lizzie. I have been seeing some cards with a "steampunk" theme. I had to look that up to learn where the idea is coming from. Well I didn't go ALL out steampunk, as this is my first try. I thought I'd be a little toned down. I colored the image to reflect the coloring on the Whimsie blog. I just loved the image and wanted it to come close to what I saw. I totally love how this card came out. I hope you do to. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.
TMS-#115

Thanks for stopping by. Have an awesome day!!
Theresa

Recipe:
Digital Image: Whimise Doodles (Steampunk Lizzie)
Papers: Close to My Heart (Passages)
Ink: Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Accessories: Tim Holtz (sproket gears, ball chain, & timepieces), ribbon (stash), EZ Success (punch)

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a cute card! That little girl with the tough looking boots(?) and frilly pink dress is adorable. Great use of the gears and clockface and I've never see a ball chain on a card...LOVE IT! Okay, now I've got to go find out what steampunk is. I've never heard of it. Have a great week! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Marie said...

Great funky, steampunk card. You captured the theme perfectly. Love the epherema that you used to embellish the image. Fantastic job, my cyber friend.

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant,the elements you have used on this card work beautifully,makes one amazing card hun just love it hugs cherylxxxx

Carisa said...

this is fab!!! i think you did amazing with the steampunk image and your embellishments! i want to play along this week but do you know i NEVER decorate the insdie of my card?! LOL

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the Tim Holtz doodads! This card is so fab, and I could never have pictured this cutie-pie girl as a Steampunk girl, but you rocked it :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful card!! Hope all is well....

Jessica G. said...

Perfect embellies to go with this little Steampunk gal! Super fun card, Theresa!!

Melissa Craig said...

This is so cool! I love the cogs and wheels. The colors are great!

Angela said...

My first thought when I looked at this was "steampunk"! This is so cute...such fun embellishing!

xxxtglxxx said...

Fabulous Theresa! :)

Wow, I adore your embellies, they are perfect for steampunk and your image is so sweet.

Hope you are having a great week hun? :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Kathy said...

This is so much fun. The embellies are terrific with her and your coloring rocks. Love everything about this Theresa.

Mary J said...

How wonderful Theresa! She is CUTE and love the embellishing!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just fabulous! I just love all the sprocket gear and time piece embellishments!