Sunday, March 7, 2010

Our Creative Corner

Many of you know that Silke Ledlow is my all time favorite crafter. I read her blog on a daily basis. I just love her work. Well she is the host for this week's Our Creative Corner and it's her last. I certainly had to join in. This is like the first time I've stepped out to join challenges beyond There She Goes and Tuesday Morning Sketches. I want to break out and get noticed, someday I'd like to be on some design teams - so I guess I better get busy!!

I love how this card came out. It's a thank you card that is two weeks overdue. We had our JA day at school and I had the best volunteer I've ever had. The kids and I just had the greatest time. It took me nearly two weeks just to get the kids to write their thank you letters - so I hope she'll understand.

Anyway, I love the colors and the DP. The sketch was fun to work with. I think the only thing I goofed on was the rounded corners. My corner punch wasn't cooperating!! The stamp is the newest from There She Goes and I had a blast using watercolors to color it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great night.

3 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

What a fabulous card Theresa! I love the colors, the embossing - the layout. It is just FABULOUS!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - Theresa you are the sweetest!!! Thank you for you kind words :)!!! You've been such a sweet blogging friend I'm always happy to see your smiling face!!!

I'm totally thrilled that you stepped out and played the Sketch with us!!! Your card turned out GORGEOUS!!! Definitely SPINGY with these bright colors!!! Your volunteer will love it too!!!

Hope to see you again next week for the OCC Challenge :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Oh this just SINGS of spring!!!! What a beautiful creation!!!!