Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mojo Monday Birthday Greetings!

I am making my first submission to Mojo Monday. I look every week at their sketches and I have used some of their sketches in the past, but never have I submitted. Too intimidated I guess - a lot of people submit their work there.
I received a call today from a former student inviting me to her home for her birthday party tonight. Normally I don't go, but I love this family and they are so good to me. They are from Lybia and the food is just incredible. Little Zubaida is just darling. So I immediately got to work to put a birthday card together for her.

I used the Mojo Monday Sketch (Week 132) and a new stamp set from Close to My Heart. This set is just so fun. It's full of fabulous birthday cakes and cupcakes. I love the DP paper used from Papertrey Ink - the pad was a gift from my sister. I had originally started this card as an Easter card, but then Zubaida called and it completed changed.

I'm having some issues with photography today. It's bright and sunny outside and in my room, but I can't get the photo to show off the blue rhinestones that I put in each of the cake flowers. I hope that it shows better with the close up.

Thanks for coming by have an awesome day!

Oh yeah - other good news! Today I had my 2 1/2 year check-up and I am still free and clear of cancer. My doctor told me that when I come in October for my mammogram it would be a full check-up and then I wouldn't have to come every 6 months anymore, just yearly! YAHOO!!! I hate having mammograms, but ladies don't neglect them - they could save your life.

7 comments:

Jessica G. said...

So pretty, Theresa! The yellow and blue are a perfect Spring color combo and the circle card is such an eye-catcher!

Tiya-B said...

yea about your good news!!!!
and its good you're not Mojo intimidated any more. glad to see your entry cause I love your blog, love your entry....

Beverly G said...

Love your card, and yahoo! on your health check up.

Angela said...

you shouldn't be intimidated! your card is just beautiful! Fantastic news for you too!

Jean said...

Lovely cards Theresa. If you enjoy challenges, would love to have you play along at www.justscraps.ca. Drop by and check us out!

Melissa Craig said...

First off....WAHOOO!!! I am so glad to hear you had a good check up!! I thought about you this afternoon on my way to work, so I am happy to hear the news.

The card is lovely! I love the colors you chose and the stamp is very nice! You did a great job on the sketch. Hope you had a great time tonight.

Hugs,
Miss

Alina said...

Lovely card, Theresa, beautiful colour combination!
I'm happy for you for having such good news!
Hugs, Alina