Monday, March 29, 2010

Daisies for Our Creative Corner (OCCSC8)

Don't you just love daisies? They are my absolutely favorite flower. Although daisies are white, these are daisy mums and they are a wonderful yellow color. I remember when I worked in my mother's flower shop we used to dye the mums just about any color we wanted. Once we dyed them blue for a wedding.

This set comes from Close to My Heart titled Enjoy Every Moment. It comes with two other flowers. I just love it! Although I had a hard time getting a perfect stamped image, I think I need to invest in some smaller acrylic blocks perhaps.

This is the card that I have designed to submit to Our Creative Corner (OCCSC8). I do like their sketches. This sketch was so fast and simple. I managed to figure out how to emboss using my Nestabilities. I have been watching videos on this because I haven't been able to get it to work. So I followed along while I was watching the video. I was doing the happy dance when it came out embossed. I love it!!

Thanks for stopping by. Have an awesome evening.

3 comments:

Beverly G said...

Pretty card. I lost my CTMH person,so I haven't seen one of their catalogs in a long time. My friend is selling SU so I'm helping her get started. Funny thing, I used to work in a florist shop.

Melissa Craig said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Theresa! I remember those stupid blue daisies. LOL Remember spritzing carnations, too? Anyway, the card is beautiful, love the ribbon and the paper.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is so beautiful! Love the simplicity of it, and how the image just pops! Thanks so much for playing with OCC this week! xx