Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketches #137

Good Morning Crafters -

It's another fabulous Tuesday Morning Sketches day and a gorgeous day in Denver. I think our spring has sprung! We have a fabulous sketch and a fabulous sponsor - There She Goes. This week is also a judged challenge, so in addition to the sketch your card must also be monochromatic.

For my card I used By The Sea. I stamped the image, colored with Copics, and then I covered my image with Versamark and used clear detail embossing powder over my image to give it a glossy look. I was going to go with blues and my blue turned into brown. I love how this card came out. I hope you do to.

TMS-#140

Boy don't I wish I could be sitting on this beach. I like how when I cut the image apart that it still came together so that one could visually see the scene. I do hope that you'll join us at TMS. Now head on over to the rest of the DT to see their amazing creations: Angela, Cheryl, Dawn, Jessica, Kathy, Marie, and Melissa

Here is this week's sketch. Come and play!!



Theresa

17 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this is just fantastic oh just love this too bits,it really is one striking card Hun,hugs Cherylxx

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! What a fun idea to use the square panels to create a scene to showcase the perfect sentiment!!

Unknown said...

Theresa what a gorgeous card. So much work gone into this, it is stunning.
Hugs Elaine

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Theresa! This is incredible! Your colouring...and what a sketch :) I might just have to give it a whirl if I have time this week!

Dawn said...

Oh my Theresa! I want to climb into this picture! This is so gorgeous.

Shannon White said...

Oh WOW!!! this is Amazing Lady! Love your Wonderful Beach Scene! I say lets pack picnic and go! lol Would love to be there myself! 8-) Just an Awesome creation my friend! 8-)

Hope you are having a Wonderful week!

Hugs
Shannon

Angela said...

Gorgeous; love how you have created a scene!

~Tammy~ said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous! I love the way you cut the image apart and YES, I sure wish I was by the sea right now. Thanks for making me miss living in Hawaii! :-)

Have a great day!

Lisa Petrella said...

WOWZERS, Theresa! LOVE how you broke the scenes into panels---such a fantastic interpretation of this sketch!!! And every little detail you've added here is JUST PERFECT! AWESOME work, my friend!

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow!! This is super-amazing Theresa. Gorgeous imagery on those 'inchies' Goodness knows how you managed this - it looks like it took ages! :)

Great sentiment too.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Kathy said...

This is really cool. Love how the scene is like a mosaic now, neat! Beautiful beachy colors, too. Love everything about this Theresa.

Melissa Craig said...

Amazing beach scene! Wonderful sentiment.

Cheryl said...

Whew, you have been busy, girl! Another awesome card! Your coloring is fab, and I love the effect of the image cut into little squares. I also like the brown much better than blue. It feels "sandy." Beautiful card!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous!!! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful!! This makes me want to go to the beach and that's amazing because I'm a person who'd rather have snow than the beach!! LOL

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... Love this ....

Marie said...

This is a wonderful depiction of 'paradise'. You captured the feel and essence of Hawaii beautifully, Theresa.