Wednesday, August 3, 2011


This week over at CAS-ual Fridays their challenge is to make a 4x9 card! I've never made a card this big before. I have thought about this all week. Last night I had a dream about walking in a field of daisies. How could I resist making a card with daisies on it? Michele said that we have to embrace the white space and resist filling the entire card up.

I resisted and I love how this came out. Would love to make a slew of them, but at a more normal size!!


Thanks for stopping by. I just love all your comments. Have an awesome day!!
Stamps: There She Goes Clear Stamps (Bloom)
Paper: Bazzill Basics (lilly white & coconut swirl); DCWV (Blossom Song)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; PrismaColour Colored Pencils
Accessories: ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon)


Tenia Nelson said...

So cute!!!

Katina said...

Wow, you certainly rose to the challenge Theresa! This is so pretty. xx

Laurie said...

All that white space sings to me! LOL! I LOVE it! Your card is just so pretty!

I am a Denver Native myself! Jealous that you are still there and I am not! I ask my husband everyday if we can move back! One day maybe! Hopefully sooner than later! :)

Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Carisa said...

adorable! that white space scares me!!! good thing all my crafts are still packed up so i have an excuse not to attempt this challenge. haha You nailed it! :D

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Theresa :)

Gorgeous card hun, really stylish and eye-catching. All the white space gives me a panic though! :D lol.

I think Michele would hate my blog! :D lol.

Have a great day,



Karen B. said...

Well I certainly think you did a FINE job of embracing the white space with this beautiful and eye catching card. I love the mix of pink and green with the pop of yellow!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

onecraftymama said...

I'm loving the white space - you've perfectly balanced all the elements. I would find that so challenging on a long card!
Love that cute ribbon, too :)

Dana said...

This DID come out well! I really like the patterned ribbon too. It adds visual interest but still allows for the "white space" to shine! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh oh oh do I love that fun and modern ribbon! The white space really makes the ribbon and focal image POP!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh I like this! So simple and so pretty.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so simple and pretty!