Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #50

I have to say, Tuesday is probably my most favorite day of the week. One because I know I'll get to post a card, and two because I have 6 more days before the next Tuesday.

I really had planned on doing a lot of crafting and all I seem to be doing is planning for school. Summer school has turned out to be a full-time job. I can't wait for June to be over so when July gets here I can make some cards!!

Melissa's challenge this week was to make a step ladder card. I made one about a year ago in stamp camp - just loved it. I loved it because I didn't have to do the cutting, folding, or measuring. I began this card at 4 pm and finally finished around 11 pm. I was thankful that I only destroyed 1-12x12 sheet of cardstock. I even got so desperate that I texted Melissa and asked if I could post the card I made in stamp camp (hahaha). In case you can't tell, I layered the tree in some places twice and in others three times - it looks cool!

As it turns out, I love how this card came out. I bought this set a while back from TSG, my favorite stamp company. I did a swap and got a card using this amazing tree! Then on the TSG website this week Danielle, one of the Trendsetters, made a card with the tree too. So I took my inspiration from both of the designs (sorry I don't know who made the card I got in the swap) - and this was my creation. I think it's pretty darn awesome. I hope you do too!!

Thanks for stopping by...be sure to join us at TMS. This week's sponsor is Softpencil and Melissa has some tutorial links on the blog to show you how to make two types of step ladder cards. Say, we're coming up to our 1 year anniversary and Melissa has some amazing things in store - you'll have to check it out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh this is such a fun card, Theresa! You did a fabulous job on making the step ladder card! Cute birdies!

Melissa Craig said...

A card that is full of happiness. I love the stamp set - I think it's one I've not seen before. Great job with the layering, you can totally tell it's there.

Jessica G. said...

Awesome job on this technique, Theresa! Those little birds are adorable and the layering on the tree creates a wonderful 3-D effect that coordinates perfectly with the fold!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness girlfriend!!! We gotta hang out soon!!