Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #49

It's another amazing Tuesday. We've got a new sponsor joining us this week - Kristy from Some Odd Girl Digital Stamps is here with us and she's offering 3 digis to the randomly drawn winner! She also has something really special for Tuesday Morning Sketches readers/participants. So be sure to head over to TMS for a new sketch, something special and another week of fun!!!


Melissa has designed another amazing sketch. Although the sketch looks fairly simple - it was challenging. I do hope that you will join us because I can't wait to see what you put together.

I used another stamp image from Close to My Heart. It's called Piece of Cake and it's just the coolest set of 6 different cakes. The sketch just called for this huge layer cake. As part of the design (sorry I didn't photograph) I layered the cakes by popping them up. I think it looks pretty cool. I hope you like it too.

Well I am off, today is going to be the first day of summer school and so far the training was chaotic and today's staff meeting and classroom set up has been a disaster! I hope when the children arrive tomorrow, providing parents haven't change their mind, goes smoothly. I am so glad it's only from 8 a.m. to 12 noon.

Have an awesome day!

5 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

This is just fabulous Theresa! You're right, the sketch called for something tall and this cake fit the bill. Great job!!

Beverly G said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my cards, and by the way your layer cake is fabulous. Good Luck with summer school.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I'm a fan of this DP, too; it's so happy and versatile. Awesome coloring -- those detailed areas are amazing!!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

The colors so pretty Theresa and the image works perfectly! What a fun cake!

Alina said...

Very beautiful card, Theresa, gorgeous idea to pop up the cakes.
Hugs, Alina