Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Morning Sketches #115

It's a great day for Tuesday Morning Sketches! This week we have a great sketch with a twist. This week is a judged challenge. All you need to is make a card or project using the sketch and incorporating Kathy's inspiring photo. I have been so excited for this week because about 4 months ago I bought this gorgeous paper. I didn't use it because I was waiting for the right moment. That moment is now! The paper totally matches the photo. It reminds me of growing up in the 70s!!

Okay, my sincerest apologies for being so absent. When I get sick it's sort of a pain to leave sub plans so I go to work. Plus I have been scheduled for training classes, so when I got home all I wanted to do is sleep! I missed blogging about my birthday, but I do get to blog about being cancer free for four years now. It's amazing how time flies! So as part of the TMS challenge for the month of October - you need to add pink to your creation.

TMS-#119

I couldn't resist using this new stamp set from Close to My Heart titled A Melody. I think the three (sketch, photo, and images) make a great trio!!

Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you put together. Have an awesome day. 
Theresa

12 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

"Groovy" is exactly what being cancer-free must be - congratulations, Theresa!!!!
And try to stop apologizing for taking care of yourself...it's a hard one, but everyone MUST understand. We've all been there :)

Marie said...

You rock Theresa...totally groovy interpretation of the sketch. Love how you always have unique and creative designs on your cards. Great DP, so glad you saved it for this sketch. Great colorful buttons.

Melissa Craig said...

This card is groovin' in a super far-out way!! I love the paper - this was definitely the perfect moment. Great job.

Glad you're feeling better. Did you get the iPad to work?

Maria said...

Happy late birthday!!! Yeah!!! That's awesome news that you are cancer free for 4 years! A sweet "groovy" card, so so pretty! Take care!!:-))

Dawn said...

So sweet Theresa! Love the scalloped edges.

Kathy said...

So pretty, those papers are perfect (the bag reminded me of the 70s too). Great card, so hip and groovy. Glad you are on the mend, back to school sickies are not fun.

downrightcrafty said...

Hiya hun, this is one groovy card and really takes you back to the sixties, "of course my memories of these times are a little inherited" but love it
Hugs Kate xx

Heather Rogers said...

So cute! I love the buttons. :)

Happy Belated Birthday!
Hugs~

Shannon White said...

Goodness Miss Theresa! You knocked this one out of the park! Love your take on both the sketch and inspiration pic as well! Your dp's are just Perfect Lady!

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope your weekend is fabulous too! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Cheryl said...

I LOVE your Groovy card!!! Fab colors and fantastic borders. Groovy buttons, too. ;)
I miss the days when you could actually say something was "groovy" and not have people look at your like you were from another planet! :) Groovy, neat, neat-o, super, cool...those words are on the tip of my tongue all the time and I often make myself stop for a second to come up with a substitute. Guess I need to learn the new lingo.

Lisa Petrella said...

FUN card and great take on the sketch and inspiration piece!!! Congrats on being cancer free for FOUR YEARS!!!!! That's SO AWESOME!!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So fun!!