Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Congratulations

I can't believe it - I finally made a card outside of my DT cards!! This past Saturday I spent the day at the "World's Largest Crop" and it was large...there was 1,399 women and 1 man there! It was amazing to see all those people. In the 12 hours I was there I managed to get two cards done - I did a lot of socializing.

Onto my card. There is a sweet young woman at my school and she is having her first baby. I had my sister make a knitted baby blanket for her and I made the card. I wanted to thank her for the time that she spent in helping me refine my classroom management skills. I think Karin did a fabulous job on the blanket. The mother to be did not want to know the gender of the baby so we went with yellow. I followed suit with the card.

I don't have girl friends that are about to have babies so I don't typically make these kinds of cards. I only have one baby set - Polka Dot Pals from There She Goes. It's such a cute set. I wish I had more of an opportunity to use it.

I hope you like my card and I really hope you like the blanket.

3 comments:

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh Theresa this new baby card is adorable! I love the little polka dot sheep, he looks cute with your pattern papers and beautiful ribbon design.

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks so soft and adorable Theresa :)

Your sister did an amazing job with the blanket and its perfect in lemon. Baby blankets are so special eh? :)

Love your card too! Great dotty sheep and so clean and stylish. Love the crochet flower, it really adds to the texture.

Your scrap event sounds amazing - I cant even imagine it! :D

have a great week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! The blanket even looks pretty photographed from the back side!