Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches Celebration

It's amazing how time flies. It is week three of our month long celebration at Tuesday Morning Sketches. This week our sponsor is Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and the theme is what reminds you of summer, you still can choose one of your favorite sketches over the year. The sketch I chose was #7 which was featured in week two.

The digi set that I selected is called Fancy Flowers. I just loved all the flowers in the set. So when we talk about what reminds me of summer of course it's - flowers. I am not a gardener, but I absolutley love to look at flowers.

I made this card pulling in what I also love about summer - the sunsets. I used dark blue and terra cotta. I think that some of the sunsets we have are just amazing. How could I leave out the sun - I just love this DP from DCWV called Cafe Mediterranean. Only when I cut the paper I thought I cut my image down enough to show the butterfly -- I didn't. I cut out one of the butterflies to add as an emblishement.

I hope you like this card. I love it!! I was totally amazed by my coloring abilities with this image. I used my stamp pads and a watercolor pen. I really took my time - the image I used was supposed to be my practice one, but I loved it and just went with it.

Well, thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see your creations. I can't wait to hear your opinion.

Have an awesome day!!

6 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Awesome cosmos image and your coloring really showcases this fun, summer image! Gorgeous DP and the butterfly is the perfect accent for these blooms!!

Jackie Randolph said...

Theresa, this is just GORGEOUS!!! I love coming to your blog your cards are always so amazing!!

Melissa Craig said...

Pretty pretty pretty!! I love this - the paper is awesome and your colored the cosmos so well. Nicely done.... again, Sis.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card there Theresa!!

Lisa said...

Theresa your card is GORGEOUS! Love the soft colours, and the popped up butterfly is too cute!

Angela said...

This sketch looks great flipped; this is so elegant, love it!