Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Celebration Continues...

Hello All!

It's another Tuesday Morning Sketches day. This week's sponsor is former original design team member Joni from Inktegrity. You're still free to select any sketch you would like, but this time you'll need to use one of Joni's digi designs in your submission. I found this amazing little train set (I love trains) and I just adore how this card came out. I selected sketch #36 which was featured on April 27th (week 43).

I have been tutoring one of my students this summer. He's the sweetest little guy, but he's what the education world calls twice exceptional. He is brillant, but yet has a learning disability and to top it all off his mother speaks Bosnian and his father Arabic. So this little guy is learning 3 languages. We have been working hard on his reading and understanding the sounds letters make to form words. He is struggling, but making a lot of progress. I'm really proud of his effort. Well this little man loves trains and knows more about trains than most conductors know, so how could I not give him this card of encouragement.

Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to hear your comments. Don't forget about my blog candy! (scroll down) - sometime today I'll take a new photo and post it on the side of my blog.

I have really enjoyed seeing all your creations! Can't wait to see what you make this week.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This background paper is PERFECT for this card! So cute! I am sure your student will LOVE it! I once had a student who was similarly in love with planes...he could tell you ANYTHING you wanted to know about them.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness Theresa!!!

Darsana said...

Great Story and fantastic card. I bet he will treasure it forever.

Darsana said...

Great Story and fantastic card. I bet he will treasure it forever.

Melissa Craig said...

I am so glad that you shared the story. He's going to be so excited about this card Theresa and I'm sure he'll treasure it forever. Great job!!

Angela said...

Great card! I'll bet the little guy liked it! Very interesting story; I hope he continues his progress.