Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Celebrate Tuesday

Yesterday I was trying to teach my students about celebrations. Of course they came up with the "traditional" celebrations: birthdays, holidays, and so on. We as adults know, we can celebrate simple things like having a good hair day or making the perfect card. I choose to celebrate today. It's going to be 51 degrees and sunny. Although Punxsutawney Phil say his shadow today which means 6 more weeks of winter, as long as the winter is they way it's been here, I can celebrate that too! What do you want to celebrate??

Onto my Tuesday Morning Sketches card. I don't know where this image comes from (I don't remember) but this is Shy Kiki. I began to color her hair - I wanted brown. I colored her hair then reached for the Gamsol and I didn't understand why it was turning red. I colored her hair with Tuscan Red. Even though it wasn't what I wanted, I think it came out great!! I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Melissa Craig said...

I think she's adorable as a redhead!

I don't care what that stupid groundhog says... there's 6 more weeks of winter anyway, it's only February!

What do I choose to celebrate today? Hmmm... what I celebrate everyday - that my children are happy and doing well.