Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Deepest Sympathy

Death is always a part of life, but it's never easy. I have a great friend that substitutes in my class - she is the only woman that I trust with my students. Sadly her son passed away. When she told me she celebrated his life of 33 years. Her son was born with cystic fibrosis and it finally took its toll and he knew it was time to say goodbye. She was thankful for the time she had.

This is my first sympathy card and I really had no idea which direction to take. So I turned to Silke Ledlow and my There She Goes stamp set Here For You. I logged onto the TSG gallery because I knew that there were some amazing sympathy cards - I tried to copy Silke's card, but I have no clue how she managed to stamp the bottom half in green and the top in red. I know that with red rubber you can color the stamp with markers, and I tried that with my clear stamps - doesn't work!! So then I tried stmaping the image using a light colored stamp pad and then coloring over the image - well that just made a huge smearing mess!! There was no way I was going to mask all those small images off, so I settled for one color. I hope I did Silke proud.

Have a blessed one. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Melissa Craig said...

This is beautiful Theresa. I'm sorry for your friend's loss. It's good that she has people like you to care about her during this time of grief.