Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Score Lines

This is probably my favorite week as Trendsetter on the There She Goes team. I get to host the TSG blog. It began with the color challenge on Monday and today is my score lines tutorial.

One of my favorite Trendsetters is former Trendie, Silke Ledlow. I love her CAS style and because I really haven't decided on a style I tend to like to do it all...I really wanted to know how she got her score lines to show up so crisp and neat. I had a conversation with her and she shared that she used an embossing stylus versus the bone folder that comes with the Scor-Pal.

Here are the supplies you need:

A Scor-Pal and an embossing stylus.


The beauty behind the Scor-Pal are the measurements. One thing I learned from trial and error is they type of paper needed. I found that SU smooth card stock. Heavy card stock tends to crack and unless you plan on a vintage look - it doesn't look very pretty.


Once you decide upon the distance you want, I push gently on the paper and viola - gorgeous score lines. 

For my card today I needed a classic Thank you card. Somehow I got "tuxedo" in my head and that's what I think this looks like. I used two TSG sets ~ Act of Kindness and Nature of Friendship


Don't those score lines add a gorgeous element? I hope you'll give it a try.

Theresa

Recipe: 
Stamps: There She Goes (Act of Kindness & Nature of Friendship) 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Bazzill Basics (white and raven); SU (whisper white card stock)
Accessories: Ribbon (stash); Recollections (rhinestones) 

6 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous! I'm so glad you are showcasing this technique :) !!! You rock sister! Hugs ~CS~

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! and a great tutorial!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous and the embossed lines are and elegant touch!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So elegant! Loved your Nurse card on the TSG blog today - that little monkey scrub was the perfect touch! :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Theresa!
xx

Shelby said...

Oh how pretty is this! Love the tips on the score lines and the black and white looks great together.

Shelby